Karen's Stuff

My life and times...if you give a crap.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Nice was Nice


Nice/Monaco

We arrived by plane in Nice (and imagine that the flight was actually on time and we could check our bags too, huh) just in time to see the sunrise over the Mediterranean. This was my second sunrise I have ever seen over water. The first was of course in Australia atop Mount Warning. I love sunrises, and I actually prefer them over sunsets, but unfortunately for me I am not a morning person and it's almost impossible for me to get up to see the sun rise.

We immediately noticed the weather was about 10-15 degrees warmer in Nice. So nice since we were freezing our tooshies off in Paris. We took the bus as far as we could go to the Monaco border and hoofed it the rest of the way to our hotel. The bus ride itself along the coast was just beautiful.



Monte Carlo is a wonderful place. There are beautiful buildings and cars everywhere. We walked around for a bit by the water and also along the road that the F-1 cars race on. Nate was really excited about that since he loves F-1. Later that night we got all dressed up and went to the famous Monte Carlo Casino. This was the only casino I have ever had to pay a cover to get into, but it was worth it. It was like gambling in a palace and we were pretty much the only ones there. So after a short while and kindly “donating” to the poor city of Monte Carlo, we headed out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home