Arrivo a Catania!
Hooooly cow! I am here finally. Let me tell you that being awake for 27 hours is not much fun, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!
So I left Chicago at about 6pm becuase my flight was delayed an hour and a half. We arrived in London at about 8 am. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep on the plane after watching a silly Lindsey Lohan movie. The German girl next to me liked it though!
They herded us into the passport area like cattle. Luckily I got through as a Student. The girl at the counter grilled me a bit about my "studies", but she let me through ok. I got my luggage and sprinted to the Alitalia line where I met another long line. Apparently their system was down and they couldnt print any boarding passes or bag tags. I missed my 930am flight and was put on the 1215pm flight. Got to Roma and had to sprint to my connecting flight and made it just in time. Got here at about 7pm, I was met at the airport by Gabriele, Genny, and Davide. They were wonderful and helpful. They took me immediately to my apartment where I was met by Sofia, who gave me my keys and talked a mile a minute.
So my apartment is ok, I have pictures to put up next time hopefully. I live with 4 other girls: Carla (another AIESEC trainee), Sofia, Maria, and Sylvia (who I havent met yet). My room is big and has a balcony. It is sooooo stinkin hot here its unreal. Everyone is sweaty, and has a natural, well lets be optimistic and call it a "glow". The city itself is quite crazy (patzi!), people just drive like maniacs and park on the sidewalk.
I still dont really know my address and I am working on getting my phone to work here. I will have that info for you shortly. They dont have Wifi readily available so I am writing from the AIESEC office right now.
Well, I have to go have some lunch now, I miss everyone already!!
Baci!!
So I left Chicago at about 6pm becuase my flight was delayed an hour and a half. We arrived in London at about 8 am. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep on the plane after watching a silly Lindsey Lohan movie. The German girl next to me liked it though!
They herded us into the passport area like cattle. Luckily I got through as a Student. The girl at the counter grilled me a bit about my "studies", but she let me through ok. I got my luggage and sprinted to the Alitalia line where I met another long line. Apparently their system was down and they couldnt print any boarding passes or bag tags. I missed my 930am flight and was put on the 1215pm flight. Got to Roma and had to sprint to my connecting flight and made it just in time. Got here at about 7pm, I was met at the airport by Gabriele, Genny, and Davide. They were wonderful and helpful. They took me immediately to my apartment where I was met by Sofia, who gave me my keys and talked a mile a minute.
So my apartment is ok, I have pictures to put up next time hopefully. I live with 4 other girls: Carla (another AIESEC trainee), Sofia, Maria, and Sylvia (who I havent met yet). My room is big and has a balcony. It is sooooo stinkin hot here its unreal. Everyone is sweaty, and has a natural, well lets be optimistic and call it a "glow". The city itself is quite crazy (patzi!), people just drive like maniacs and park on the sidewalk.
I still dont really know my address and I am working on getting my phone to work here. I will have that info for you shortly. They dont have Wifi readily available so I am writing from the AIESEC office right now.
Well, I have to go have some lunch now, I miss everyone already!!
Baci!!


4 Comments:
At 8:50 AM,
Anonymous said…
Good to hear from you and that your trip wasn't really too bad! Take care. Sally
At 2:48 PM,
Anonymous said…
Nariana!
We are so glad you have arrived, and sound like you are off to a great start! Loved the blogs thus far, keep them coming. Enjoy your schweaty self and we are thinking of you!
Much love from your brother and seester (see I can speak Italian too!:)
At 8:24 PM,
Tanille Tucker said…
Wonderful to hear you arrived safely. Take care of you!
At 10:02 AM,
Anonymous said…
Ciao Bella! How fun is it that you have a roommate named Sofia! A little reminder of your family and niece back home. :)
We already miss you too, it was so fun having you in Chicago...tell Nate we sent back the Netflix movies a few days ago, in case he was desperate for a new flick!
Have fun and let us know all about your experiences, you jet-setter!
Kelly (Schmelly)
Post a Comment
<< Home