Karen's Stuff

My life and times...if you give a crap.

Friday, August 18, 2006

The Mitsubishi Diaries

I just got in to Stockton this afternoon from Portland. I decided to drive, but luckily Nate was staying in Ashland last night because he had to work in Klamath Falls this morning, so I got to split up the journey. By the way, my a$$ is killing me!

Some things to note from being in the car for 10 hours:

1. Once you cross into California, the number of Spanish radio stations grows exponentially every 100 miles.

2. There are some really WEIRD people in Medford. I don't think I have to go into too much detail about that; if you have ever been, you will understand.

3 . The drive thru for Jimboys Tacos in Redding reads "Please press this button once and go to the pickup window". When you arrive at the window you are greeted by a friendly teenager who will provide you with the slowest service possible. But hey, who am I to complain? My frozen mocha was delish and they even told me to have a great day. :)

4. Even if I am going the speed limit, I will freak out every time I see a cop.

5. When you do a little dance in your car to the tunes on the stereo, people do notice.

6. I passed by a Walmart truck who honked at me. I looked in my rear view mirror to see the driver grinning and waiving hello at me. Dear Walmart, Please tell your drivers that this is NOT the way to pick up on women...ever.

7. Oregon has raised its speed limit to 65mph. It has been a couple years since I have driven to and from Cali so I don't know when they changed it, but thumbs up to OR! Now the drivers there go a whopping 60 instead of 50. Baby steps my friends, baby steps.

8. I had a few "what's that smell?" moments. Those were in the vicinity of Cottage Grove, OR, Sacramento, CA, and just north of Stockton. Any other times were probably just me.

9. As crazy as Californians drive, God bless them. At least they get to where they want to go in a timely manner.

10. I saw 5 bucks grazing under a tree, 4 hitch hikers, 3 homeless guys asking for money at the onramp of 217, 2 adorable sheep dogs in the back of a truck (like the one in Babe), and 1 suicidal squirrel running back and forth on the highway. He crossed just before I got to him, then he ran back the other way again. Guess there isn't much else to do in Weed, CA.


So I am tired, but geared up to see everyone while I am here.

Until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home